Yes I said it. The best. The best vegan and gluten free chocolate chip cookies I have ever made! And you know what the best part about these cookies are? They not only kill a craving but also leave you feeling guilt free. How can you not love them! With back to school around the corner, I thought I would make a recipe that all you mamas out there can make for your little ones. Who wouldn’t love a chocolate chip cookie in their lunch! The only thing that would be an issue with these cookies, is that it contains almond flour which may be against some school codes. I know some schools allow nuts, but just not peanuts.. where as others don’t allow any nuts.
Lets jump into the recipe of these cookies now! Enjoy these chocolate chip deliciousness.
- 1/2 cup gluten-free rolled oats
- 1/3 cup oat flour
- 1/4 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup arrowroot powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup vegan dark chocolate chips
- 1 pinch of cinnamon (optional)
- 4 tablespoons of soften coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup SMOOTH almond butter (or any other nut butter, I find almond works best for taste here)
- 1/3 cup pure maple syrup
- Preheat oven 350 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or silicone baking sheet.
- Combine wet ingredients in a large bowl and set aside.
- Add the dry ingredients one ingredient at a time, and stir until combined. Fold in the chocolate chips at then end.
- Take spoon full of the cookie dough and mold into a ball with your hands. Press onto the cookie sheet/parchment paper.
- For soft and chewy cookies, bake for 9 minutes.. for crunchy cookies, bake for 13 minutes.
- Cool for 10 minutes and enjoy!