Theres is nothing better then eating sweet vanilla macaroons in peace, without your inner skinny subconscious giving you a hard time..
For some reason, coconut based baking makes me think of spring. I’m not entirely sure why.. must be some child hood memory that is deep down buried that I can’t, seem to bring up. Either way, your getting coconut macaroon recipe today because I’m feeling spring!
This weather has been amazing the last few days. Right now, as I am writing this, it is 16 degrees out, the sun is shining, the birds are chirping and tulips are blooming. I am also coming off a night shift so I am a little bit loopy and delusional so don’t mind me over here. But these vanilla macaroons make everything better!
So lets stop rambling on and get to this deliciousness! Deliciousness… is that even a word? Can we pretend it is a word just for this recipe today at least? Perfect. Vanilla macaroons..Lets get to it:
These macaroons are a beautiful combination of dried coconut flakes, and vanilla. I Love macaroons personally.. I am a huge fan of coconuts and just how moist (sorry for those who hate that word, I had no choice) they can be when fresh.
Next time you find vanilla macaroons in the store, take a look at the ingredient list on the back of the package. Other then the fact that they are probably packed with preservatives.. they are usually flooding with white sugar. And we all know that sweet white sugar powder is the devil for our thighs.
That being said, I needed a vanilla macaroon that had natural sweeteners to it.. So I used raw cane sugar and vanilla to kill those sweet teeth of mine. Speaking of teeth… Fun fact about me, I have never had a cavity in my life! WHATTTT. Yes true story.
So if your needing something easy to bake in a pinch, I highly recommend this recipe. Not only is it perfect for those much dreaded bake sales at your kids’ school, its a healthy option when your needing a sweet treat quickly… and oh my, the melt in your mouth is so worth the 15 minute wait.. mouthhhhh drooooooling. Excuse me while I clean up my keyboard here.
That being said… here is the Coconut Vanilla Macaroons recipe you have been waiting for!
- 2 cups unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 4 tbsp raw cane sugar
- 1 tbsp coconut flour
- 1 tbsp almond flour
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350°.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a heavy saucepan over medium heat, whisk together the coconut milk, and sweetener (do not boil, just heat)
- Add flours and stir until combined evenly and clump free.
- Now increase heat and boil this mixture. Boil for approximately 3 minutes (or until thick).
- Remove from heat and stir in vanilla and shredded coconut.
- Scoop mixture by spoonfuls onto the baking sheet (approximately 1 tbsp)
- Bake for about 15 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Cool then eat!