The pumpkin season wouldn’t be complete without having some pumpkin dog treats!
Did you know that pumpkin is actually super healthy for dogs. It helps settle their stomachs if they are sick.
My mom use to put pureed pumpkin in with our dogs food if they were having trouble eating, or were sick. I remember it working really well!
And I totally forgot about that trick until I was picking up some dog food for our pups the other day and came across an entire shelf of canned pureed pumpkin for dogs!
So right away this sparked my inner baker and I decided that my next pumpkin treat would be for my little fur babies!
I also had these cute dog treat silicone molds that I picked up last year at Christmas time.
I made cute Christmas dog treats for all my favourite dogs! It was too much fun to handle to be honest…
So this fall, I pulled them out again to work on some pumpkin puppy loving!
And the best part of this recipe, it was SUPER easy to make. Legit made two entire jars full of treats with minimal effort and ingredients.
Here is the ingredient list for these treats:
- Pumpkin Puree
- Peanut Butter
- Whole Grain Flour (or brown rice flour if your dog has an allergy to wheat)
Short and sweet right!?
I hope your fur babies love these treats as much as mine did!
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 3 tbsp Peanut Butter
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Combine all ingredients in a large mixing bowl
- Press mixture into silicone molds or create bone shapes and line treats out on a baking pan
- Bake for 30 minutes (or until hard)
- Cool and store in cute puppy treat jars!
- Pumpkin Peanut Butter Cups
- Pumpkin Spice Oatmeal Cookies
- Pumpkin Spice Almond Milk
- Dark Chocolate Pumpkin Seed Bark