Spicy anything wins my heart, but this spicy chipotle hummus just takes it to an entire new level.
Usually Wednesdays are my DIY or house renovation update days, but I decided to spice it up – literally – and do another recipe post.
I feel like every good vegan blog needs at least one hummus recipe.. considering it is a staple in a vegans diet usually, and my blog here is lacking a good hummus recipe.
One thing you all should know about me is spicy/hot foods make my world go round. There is just something about a good hot sauce that warms my taste buds just right. I love adding hot sauce or cayenne to literally all my meals. This tends to come out a lot in my recipes here on my blog too – if you haven’t noticed yet.
So this hummus is my favourite go to when it comes to snacks. I recently was given a food processor as a gift, so I have been experimenting with all types of foods.. but I have literally made this hummus 10x more then anything else with my food processor.
I have the 9 cup Kitchen Aid Food Processor. I love it. The majority of my kitchen appliances are Kitchen Aid because I just trust the quality.
My dad would only buy Kitchen Aid appliances when I was growing up and he STILL uses the same appliances today… and I’m old – a whole 25 years old ..
Anyways, getting back on track with this hummus.
This hummus can be customized to your taste by adding or subtracting some spices, herbs lemons/limes… or you can pull a Nikki and dump more hot sauce in there to really set your mouth on fire… but for now I’m going to stick with this recipe!
Enjoy this delicious Spicy Chipotle Hummus everyone!!
- 2 cloves garlic
- ½ to ¾ cups water (depending on your preference)
- 1 can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 tbsp raw tahini
- 1 tsp cumin pepper
- 1-2 chipotle peppers packed in adobo sauce
- 1 tsp pink Himalayan salt
- Pulse garlic cloves in a food processor until minced.
- Add ½ cup water and remaining ingredients to your processor. Blend until smooth.
- Serve or transfer to an airtight container and refrigerate for up to 4 days.
- Serve with crackers, corn chips or veggies!