This Vegan Buddha Bowl with Sriracha Tahini Dressing is such ab easy and healthy vegan lunch option. Quick to throw together, and packed with protein.
I literally can’t get enough of these Buddha Bowls
I’m not even ashamed to say I have had one for lunch every day last week. The obsession is real.
Steamy brown rice, fresh avocado + cherry tomatoes, firm cubed tofu.. drizzled with a creamy yet spicy dressing ready to make your tastebuds run wild.
The best part about this… are you ready for this?… Ready in 25 minutes. Yep I said it. You read it right.
There is something about hot rice that just warms my heart. If you haven’t noticed yet, I eat it every day basically. It is one of the guilt free carbs that makes me sneak that one extra bite from the bowl before packing it away in the fridge for the night. My favourite, fail proof, brown rice is this one here.
And if you want to take your laziness to a new level, you have to get my rice cooker. It works magic.. I don’t even know how I survived without one..
The best part of this bowl is by far this dressing.. And it is not because of my addiction to Sriracha sauce. Okay who I am trying to kid, totally could be. BUT you will love it either way.
The base of this dressing is tahini, or sesame butter, which is made from sesame seeds (shocker I know). Tahini gives this dressing that creamy texture. Then you mix in a few extra ingredients, including my one true love.
You can substitute these ingredients for whatever you have handy in your kitchen as well. Let your creative juices flow. Sometimes I use more dark green veggies instead of the cherry tomatoes. Steamed broccoli is also a great option to throw in..
Just make sure you can actually fit it all in the bowl.. or it will overflow.. not that that happened to me or anything…
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup tahini
- 2/3 cups water
- 1/2 tablespoon of Sriracha hot sauce
- 1 cup cooked brown long grain rice
- 6 Boston leaf lettuce leaves
- 1 cup of firm tofu (cubed)
- 1/2 of an avocado (cubed)
- 6 cherry tomatoes (halved)
- 1 tablespoon of hemp seeds
- Pink salt and pepper to taste (optional)
- Whisk all ingredients in a bowl. Serve immediately or transfer to an air tight container for up to 5 days.
- Line bowl with Boston leaf lettuce.
- Top with rice.
- Arrange tofu cubes, avocado, and tomatoes on top of rice.
- Pour Sriracha Tahini Dressing over arrangement.
- Garnish with hemp seeds, salt and pepper.
Note: This post contains affiliate links