Chocolate Chip Carrot Muffins
Delicious gluten & dairy free carrot muffin with dark chocolate chips
- 2 cup oat flour (you can blend oats if you do not have flour)
- ¼ cup coconut sugar (or sugar of choice)
- 1 tbsp ground flax seed
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp nutmeg
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ cup pure maple syrup
- ⅓ cup unsweetened applesauce
- ½ cup almond milk
- ¼ cup water
- 3 tbsp water
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- ½ cup grated carrots
- ½ cup dark chocolate chips (dairy free)
- ⅓ cup chopped walnuts or pecans
Preheat oven to 400 F and line a muffin tin with liners.
Whisk all dry ingredients together in a large bowl.
In a smaller bowl, whisk together the wet ingredients.
Add the wet to the dry and mix. Mixture should be thick!
Fold in the carrots, chocolate chips, and almond. Scoop batter into the muffin liners, filling batter to the top. Bake for about 18 minutes at 400F OR until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes. Enjoy the deliciousness!