Spicy Kale Soup
Hot spicy kale soup recipe with fresh kale, potato, vegetable broth and cayenne pepper. Vegan, dairy free and gluten free.
- 4 cups vegetable broth low sodium
- 6 cups kale lightly packed
- 2 garlic cloves chopped
- 3 small yukon gold potatoes washed
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp ground cayenne pepper more or less to preference
- pinch black pepper
Mince the garlic and peel and chop the potatoes and onion. Wash kale and drain it well. Remove the thick stems.
Heat olive oil in a pot or soup pan. Add onion, potatoes and pepper. Cook until potatoes and onion are soft.
Add vegetable broth and cayenne pepper. Gently bring to boil with the lid on for 15 minutes or until the potatoes become very tender.
Add the kale and cook for 2-3 minutes or until tender.
Transfer mixture to blender. Pulse until smooth texture throughout. Transfer back into pot or serve right away.