Cute Christmas Window Painting Ideas; Here are 30 easy Christmas window painting ideas to recreate on your windows this holiday season!
Hi beauties! Coming at you with so many cute and simple Christmas window painting ideas! Make your neighbors cheerful when they pass by your house with these easy Christmas window painting ideas! Christmas is one of the most beloved times of the year for most of us. The holidays are filled with joy, family and good food. To make this season that more enjoyable for kids, why not put some delightful Christmas crafts on their windows?
If you're looking for some cute window painting ideas, you've come to the right place. In this blog post, I'll show you 30 cute Christmas window painting ideas that will inspire your creativity and imagination.
Painting holiday-themed designs on your windows adds an extra festive look to chilly nights. This Christmas window painting ideas post will help you create hand-drawn patterns and silhouettes with materials you most likely have around your house, meaning more time spent enjoying the Christmas season instead of running around looking for supplies.
30 Christmas Window Painting Ideas:
Christmas window decorations are basically a given – but rather than going for the traditional candy cane and tree, why not try something new this year? For example, a fun wintertime snowman that will surely catch the attention of passers-by. Let's jump into these ideas below!
Snowflakes and Cute Town
@thewindowartist #christmaswindow #christmaswindows #christmaswindowpainting #windowpainting #artistsoftiktok #poscapens ♬ Jingle Bell Rock - Bobby Helms
Penguins in Ice
@painted_chicken Adorable! #windowpainting #windowpainter #windowart #art #artist #windowartist #christmaswindowpainting #snowman #penguin #snow #seasonsgreetings #🎄🎨 ♬ I Can Feel It (Christmas Instrumental) - Nick Sena and Danny Echevarria
Merry Christmas Wreath
@happyevercrafter Dare you to try it 😈✍🏻 #windowdrawing #christmasdecor #satisfying #diy #art #ottawa ♬ Jingle Bell Rock - Christmas
Snowman Window Art
@thewindowartist This was fun to do! Pens from @posca_uk @POSCA #windowpainting #windowart #xmas #gonks #gingerbreadhouse #christmaswindow #christmas2022 #christmascountdown ♬ All I Want for Christmas Is You - Mariah Carey
Large Winter These
Christmas Pine Trees
@theclairenecessities @🎨 Laura Thompson 🖌 is the best in the biz. #christmasbathroom #christmasdecorating #windowpainting #pineforest #pineforestwindowpainting #howtowindowpaint #christmastransformation ♬ Winter Wonderland - Michael Bublé
Christmas Winter Decor Window
Easy Christmas Tree
Whimsical Christmas Tree
Large Tree with Ornaments
Large Christmas Ornaments
Fun Elf and Snowman
Pretty Holiday Windows
Small Town Decor
Rudolph The Red Nose Reindeer
Colorful Holiday Tree
Birds, Coffee and Gifts
Olaf Window Painting
After you have decided what to put on your window, it's time to let those creative juices start flowing and get painting. Use plenty of paint, especially in the areas where the detail is low. Think very abstract -if using paint, just stroke it on to make pretty patterns.
Tips for Making Christmas Window Paintings:
Christmas window paintings can be an easy holiday decoration that will last for years to come. Here are some tips to make it even easier.
- Make sure your window is clean and free of dust. If you have a window with panes, make sure that all of the panes are clean and free of dust as well. You can clean it with soap and a damp cloth or windex for great results.
- Start with a sketch, and make sure it's to scale. You can also buy stencils, templates or decals which is probably the easiest way to create your design. You can buy these on etsy
- Choose your type of paints or markers carefully. The paints you use should be made especially for windows; anything else might leave stains on the glass or fade over time. I like using chalk markers or window acrylic paints.
- If you are going to add layers to your painting, a good option is washable tempera paint and a white base. Also make sure you let each coat dry completely before layering more colors on.
- Use painter tape around the edge of your windows to make sure it doesn't get on your window sills!
- Use paintbrushes designed for use on windows, not regular brushes or rollers if you can avoid it, because they're easier to control on small spaces like windows and won't leave brushstrokes behind if you're careful about application.
- Let it dry overnight before removing the tape or stencils from your holiday window painting!
Christmas window painting ideas are the inspiration you need to spruce up your windows and decorate your home with something handmade and fun. Windows make up a large portion of the exterior of your home, so it is no surprise that they are often overlooked during the holiday season.
Paint out an impressive design or add a few Christmas themed items to your window. You can use the supplies you already have from past holiday events and paint out your own design. For the kids, have them draw out the design for you. A combination of glitter paint and snow spray adds extra holiday cheer.
More Christmas Decoration Posts:
- 40 CHRISTMAS WINDOW BOXES IDEAS
- 30 PRETTY BEACH THEMED CHRISTMAS ORNAMENTS
- 20 BEAUTIFUL EMERALD GREEN CHRISTMAS DECORATIONS
- 35 BEAUTIFUL FARMHOUSE CHRISTMAS FRONT PORCH DECOR IDEAS
- 15 CHRISTMAS LETTER BOARD IDEAS GUARANTEED TO MAKE YOU SMILE
Until next time,