This delicious and satisfying almond date smoothie is a healthy breakfast!
Coming at you with an absolutely delicious sweet breakfast treat! You will LOVE this one!
This smoothie is one of my favourite treats for sure. It is so delicious that it is hard to believe that it is so healthy. Don't let the name "Almond Date Smoothie" fool you!
It contains almond butter, medjool dates, maple syrup, banana, cinnamon and almond milk. This smoothie is naturally sweetened with the dates and the maple syrup. The almond butter gives a perfect nutty flavour. I love adding cinnamon to give it that little kick as well.
The almonds provide powerful plant protein, while their abundance of vitamin E will leave your skin glowing! The bananas provide potassium and magnesium and the cinnamon keeps your blood sugar perfectly balanced. Dates are high in natural sugars but also have loads of fibre which makes them so beneficial to your body!
Almond Date Smoothie Ingredients:
- Almond Milk
- Medjool Dates
- Maple Syrup
- Almond Butter
- Cinnamon (optional)
The ingredients for this almond date smoothie are pretty straight forward on this recipe! Most things you will most likely already have in your pantry which makes this easy and quick breakfast recipe one to try!
It has such delicious sweetness from the medjool dates that I bet even kids would love! Why not try giving this to your kids the morning before school!
Almond Date Smoothie Recipe Tips
- A heavy duty blender works best when trying to blend medjool dates. I use to use my magic bullet all the time for these smoothies and it never really fully blended the medjool dates. If you like having some sweet chunks of medjool dates then you can totally continue using whatever blender you have!
- Obviously pit the mejool dates prior to blending them.. I just had to through that out there just in case!
- You can sub in any other dairy free milk if you don't have almond milk. I just always have almond milk in the house so it is an easy add to smoothies for me.
I won't waste your time any longer with my rambling! Lets jump right into the recipe now shall we!?
Almond Date Smoothie
- 2 large bananas
- 1.5 cups unsweetened almond milk
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- 6 medjool dates remove pits
- 2 tablespoons natural almond butter
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- Remove peels from bananas and the pits from the medjool dates.
- Put all ingredients into a blender and blend on medium speed until a smooth consistency occurs. (2-3 minutes)
- Serve in two glasses.
I hope you enjoyed this almond date smoothie recipe!