Nothing smells better than baked apple pie.
Which is what inspired me to make these protein balls. Of course these are wholesome and raw so they don’t have the lovely baked smell of apple pie, but they do have that beloved cinnamon apple taste.
Protein balls and bars are a must. I always make an abundance of them and put them into little snack ziplock bag. I keep them in the freezer, which makes them easy to pull out and throw into your lunch bag. Not only do they thaw out by the time you go to eat them, but they also act as a little ice pack. Who wouldn’t love an edible ice pack!
These balls are packed with protein which makes them a long lasting and filling snack. All the ingredients are vegan and gluten free. It is one of the healthiest snack options that is processed and refined sugar free!
- 1 cup coconut flour
- 1 cup gluten free rolled oats
- 1/3 cup vanilla pea protein powder
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1/3 cup almond butter
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened applesauce
- OPTIONAL: Coconut shavings
- Mix together all dry ingredients in one bowl and all wet ingredients in another. Combine both mixtures into a larger bowl.
- Take about two tablespoons of the mixture and roll into a ball. Place on a baking sheet.
- Place baking sheet into freeze for at least 20 minutes.
- Serve or place in to freezer safe container.