I posted this recipe a while ago on my instagram account and kept forgetting to post the recipe on my blog, so here it is! Beet and ginger smoothie. Super easy to make with many health benefits. Drink it along side your breakfast or have it as a snack all on it’s own.
Ok I know it doesn’t sound like the most appetizing smoothie BUT it was surprisingly REALLY good. This smoothie has anti-inflammatory properties, is a source of iron, cleanses the liver, helps lower blood pressure and is rich in antioxidants. Convinced to love it yet?
Several studies confirm the nutritional benefits of beets These dark red root vegetables are packed with a variety of vitamins and minerals. Beets possess an amazing amount of beauty and health-boosting benefits. So drink up!!
Hope You Enjoy!
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 small beet (washed and peeled)
- 1 cup strawberries (I used frozen)
- 1 banana
- 1 scoop protein powder
- 1 tsp fresh grated ginger
- top with some water to desired consistency
- Throw ingredients into a high speed blender. Pulse on medium until beet has broken up. Blend on medium for one minute (or until desired consistency)
- Drink up !
- Add ice to make it extra cold if you prefer!