This lemon and lilac sugar scrub is amazing.
Remember that post I did on three easy homemade natural beauty products?
You guys seemed to love that post! And I'm just about finished with those products now so I thought I would do another one.
What inspired me to use these ingredients are all the lilac bushes right now. There are so many beautiful lilac bushes out where I live, like hundreds. They are by far one of my favourite flowers. The smell is just so incredible.
Dylan stopped on the side of the road last week and picked me a bundle of lilacs and surprised me when he got home. Now they are sitting on my kitchen table in a beautiful vase. Every time I come into our house now, all you can smell is beautiful fresh lilac flowers... I'm in love.
How to Make a Homemade Lemon and Lilac Sugar Scrub
This homemade sugar scrub is super easy to make and leaves your skin feeling unbelievably soft.
My favourite part is by far the coconut oil. I don't know what the magic is behind coconut oil, but I am so happy it has come into my life. Ha!
I find the lemon adds a fresh feeling and the lilac scent adds a nice finishing touch to make you feel like your in a spa.
Homemade Lemon and Lilac Sugar Scrub
- 1-2 cute jars
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 4 tablespoons organic coconut oil
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 10 drops lilac essential oil
- 5 drops liquid purple food colouring optional
- Spoon 4 tbsps of coconut oil into a microwave safe bowl and melt.
- Pour the melted coconut oil into the sugar and mix well to combine. If it's too wet, add small amounts of sugar and mix until you get a consistency you like.
- Add the food colouring and mix.
- Add essential oil and mix.
- Spoon it into a cute jar or air tight container.
- Scrub it all over your body before getting in the shower and bubble bath!
Enjoy this luxurious lemon and lilac body scrub friends!
Where I Partied With This Post:
I bet this smell as pretty as it looks! Thank you for sharing it with us on The Creative Circle Link Party!
It sure does! Thank you for stopping by 🙂