Who doesn't love a good pudding? To be honest..I have never been a pudding fan. My parents were big into healthy eating when my two brothers and I were kids. They never bought us those delicious looking packaged Jello chocolate pudding cups that all the other kids were devouring. We were lucky if we got a granola bar that had some chocolate in it. Looking back now, I am thankful they never fed us those..
Eating healthy can be challenging at times when your craving chocolate, candy and desserts.. or its just that time of the month. I am constantly trying to experiment with different recipes trying to find a way to eat healthy but also kick those cravings to the curb. I was never a fan of pudding.. or chocolate for that matter, but now I love it. I crave those healthy chocolatey desserts. Eating dessert and not feeling guilty at the end is actually the best feeling in the world.
This raw, natural, no-sugar-added banana cacao almond butter pudding is a perfect after dinner treat.. or lunch.. or pre breakfast snack. The best part is no sugar crash and guilt.
- 3 medium bananas, peeled
- ½ medium avocado, pitted
- ¼ cup smooth raw almond butter
- 4 tablespoons raw cacao powder, or to taste
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- handful of fresh raspberries
- pinch of unsweetened coconut shavings
- pinch of pink Himalayan salt or fine sea salt
- Add all pudding ingredients into a food processor (or high speed blender) and blend until smooth. Stop to scrape down the sides of the bowl as needed.
- Scoop out the pudding into a container. Chill in the fridge for about an hour. Best enjoyed within 12-24 hours or so.
- When ready to serve, scoop pudding into individual serving dishes and sprinkle toppings.
- Avoid over ripe bananas, they do not taste as good!