Do I ever have a recipe for you guys! This homemade chocolate is made with a few ingredients – that (if your like me) already exist in your kitchen! It is a healthy twist on your traditional chocolate bar. You can indulge on your favourite candy but not feel completely guilty! This dark chocolate bark is super thin and loaded with pumpkin seeds. This will definitely satisfy any serious chocolate lover – it worked magic for me! WARNING: It is still chocolate, so do not eat entire batch in one sitting (like I did the first time)… you will feel sick haha OPPS.
Off topic – Anyone else counting down the days until Black Friday? CANT WAIT! Ill be coming across the border to do some Christmas shopping 🙂 Look out New York! Every year my brother, mom and I come across to shop. We find that even with the exchange rate not in our favour, it is still worth it.
Yes it is vegan and yes it is gluten + dairy free. Obviously you can use what ever additional ingredients you would like but I thought it would be a good idea to stick with the festive fall spirit and use pumpkin seeds. The best part of this homemade dark chocolate is how easy it is to make! I still cannot get over it. I will definitely be making more batches of this deliciousness.
- 1/2 cup unsalted pumpkin seeds
- 1/2 cup virgin coconut oil
- 1/2 cup cocoa or cacao powder
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon smooth almond butter, optional
- pinch fine sea salt
- In a medium saucepan, melt the coconut oil over low heat. Remove from heat and whisk in the cocoa (or cacao) powder, maple syrup, and almond butter (if using) until smooth.
- Add a pinch of sea salt to taste. Stir in pumpkin seeds.
- With a spatula, remove the chocolate mixture onto a parchment-lined pan or sheet and smooth out until it's about 1/4-1/2 inch thick. Place into freezer on a flat surface for about 15 minutes, until frozen solid.
- Once frozen, break into bark pieces. Store in the freezer until ready to eat. It melts fast when left out of the freezer!