100 ways to save the world through acts of kindness.. what could I possibly be talking about!
Has anyone ever seen the movie Pay it Forward? This movie has stuck with me ever since my grade 9 teacher played it in our religion class (yes I went to a catholic school).
It is about a boy who takes on a school project to ‘pay it forward’.. one person does a good deed for three people and those three people are to pay it forward with three more good deeds. In the movie, this little school project grows into something big for his community. I absolutely love this.
In a world, where the media always shines on the negatives of humans, I think it is important for us to pull out of the darkness and show that we still care.
I am a huge believer in karma.. My mom really pushed this into me when I was in high school. I had several things happen to me (that seemed like the end of the world at the time #lifeofateen) in school that nearly broke me. My mom said everything happens for a reason and karma will play out here, be the bigger person and move forward.
Every act of kindness you put into the world will come back to you in one way or another. Karma is a complete circle.
So here in this post, I came up with 100 ways save the world through acts of kindness… obviously I know you can not save the world through my list here but I truly believe that one act of kindness a day can go a long way.
I encourage you to read through the list below and find the acts of kindness that you can provide. Do one thing a day to spread the love. Share an act of kindness at your school or in your work place. Everyone in this world is fighting a hard battle.. and you never know what one small act of kindness can do for a person.. you may be able to change their day around completely or even change their life around.
Here it is 100 ways to save the world through acts of kindness:
- Buy the person behind you in the drive through their coffee
- Hold the door open for the person coming into the store behind you
- Offer your neighbour some help racking leaves, or shovelling snow
- Introduce yourself to the newbie at work or at school, make them feel welcomed
- Smile and wave to your neighbours, be friendly
- Offer to be the designated driver for someone. Make sure they get home safe
- Bring back a small souvenir for a friend or family member after a trip
- Help some pull their luggage off the conveyor belt at the airport
- Plant a tree!
- Share wisdom with people who need it
- Be loving.
- Send a love/friendship note to someone you care about
- Become mindful when a person is speaking, let them finish before speaking
- Make a handmade birthday card and fill it with words of love
- Offer to walk your neighbours dog
- Witness an accident? Be a responder and call 911.
- Say I’m sorry.
- Call someone instead of texting them. Its more personal and meaningful
- Bring in a coffee for your co-worker
- Donate blood to your local blood drive
- Help a friend get into shape by attending some fitness classes with her
- Pay a visit to your local animal shelter
- Go out of your way to attend a wedding you may not have gone to
- Send a sympathy card
- Bring someone soup or some vitamin C who is sick
- Play cupid and introduce two friends who you think would hit it off
- Start a toy drive with some friends and donate to a great community charity
- Buy a second sandwich and give it to a homeless person
- Take a friend or family member on a hike
- Call that friend you haven’t spoken to in a while, see how they are doing, they may need you
- Be honest.
- See a meter that is about to expire? Top it up for the driver
- Volunteer at your local old age home, play bingo or sit and chat with an elder
- Respond right away when someone asks for a favour
- Grow your own food
- Offer someone your seat on the bus
- Clean up graffiti
- Be genuine.
- Donate canned food to a food drive
- Invite someone who is sitting alone to join you and your friends at your lunch table
- Pay the toll for the person behind you
- Volunteer at your local hospital
- Stop gossip in its tracks
- Invite a friend over for dinner
- Donate sports equipment to a local charity
- Be nice.
- Wish someone a happy birthday
- Post inspirational quotes on facebook or twitter
- Leave a collection of positive clippings in the hospital waiting room
- Compliment someone
- Keep your cool and avoid a fight by reasoning
- Make a new friend
- Treat someone you live with, with breakfast in bed
- Think before you post.. will your words hurt someone?
- Stick up for someone in need
- Adopt a dog/cat
- Try and settle a fight between two friends
- Say hello to people you don’t know
- Be a team player at work or school
- Waiting to be seated at a restaurant? Offer your seat to the family behind you
- Offer your skills and talents to a friend/family free of charge
- Be affectionate.
- Offer to run an errand for someone
- Bring extra snacks to school/work incase someone needs a pick me up
- Offer help even if you don’t think someone needs it
- Ask someone how their day went
- Offer to clean up after dinner
- Give your waiter or hair dresser a nice tip
- Join a neighbourhood clean up team
- Hang your clothes back on the hanger once you have tried them on and before leaving the dressing room.
- Donate old clothing you don’t wear anymore
- Spend quality time with friends and family without your cellphone
- Share your umbrella on a rainy day
- Let that person know you are running let so they aren’t waiting and wondering
- Driving around? Offer a friend a lift
- Buy a lottery ticket and give it to someone else
- Give advice where needed
- Practice understanding
- Be strong for someone who needs a rock
- Feed the birds
- Offer a tourist directions
- Give someone a hug in need
- Clean up after yourself
- Make a list of all the reasons you love someone and leave it in a place they will find it
- Give flowers to a friend or family member
- Tell your parents you appreciate them
- Unplug and save energy
- Give the right of way to a pedestrian
- Give up your close parking spot to someone else who may need it more then you
- Stay humble and kind
- Cook dinner for your family
- Stop at a lemonade stand
- Be polite.
- Wheel your neighbours trash can out for pick up
- Cheer on a teammate
- Give an anonymous donation
- Love yourself and love others
That is the list folks! 100 Ways to Save the World Through Acts of Kindness.
I hope you enjoyed these 100 ways to save the world. Spread the love!
Sharing is caring 🙂 Show others 100 ways to save the world: