Overnight oats are my all time favourite breakfast. I don't know what it is but I can not get enough. There are so many amazing variation and I plan on trying them all! (of course I will post them all here for you too). I am also obsessed with chia seeds lately. I can not believe all the amazing nutritional benefits they have. SO needless to say they are a staple in my every day diet now.
Crispy Overnight Chia Oats
- ¼ cup oats (I used Quaker Quick Oats)
- ¾ cup almond milk unsweetened
- 1 cup frozen mixed berries (or any fruit on hand)
- ¼ cup brown rice crisp cereal
- 2 tablespoon whole chia seeds
- pinch cinnamon
- Add the oats into a bowl and cover with almond milk. Stir. Place in the fridge overnight, or for at least a few hours, uncovered.
- In a separate bowl, cover chia seeds with almond milk. Stir. Place in fridge overnight or for at least 15 minutes uncovered. Add optional ingredients here.
- In morning, layer ingredients in a separate bowl or mason jar. I layered in this order: ½ amount of overnight oats - mixed berries - all chia seeds - mixed berries - all of the rice cereal - mixed berries - rest of the over night oats (adjust what you prefer)