Peanut Butter Cookie Dough Energy Balls; easy and quick no bake snack. Packed with energy filled protein with sweet dessert taste. Gluten free, dairy free and refined sugar free!
When I was little cookie dough was my favourite. Every time we went Dairy Queen to get a blizzard, I would always go for cookie dough. I don't know what it is about it but I was addicted.
I wish I was able to still indulge in cookie dough ice cream but it would most definitely leave me in pain... so it is way easier to avoid it entirely. OR come up with alternatives to keep it in my life. This is the solution I came up with to still enjoy a little bit of cookie dough.
How to Make Delicious Vegan + Gluten-Free Cookie Dough Energy Balls
These balls are a perfect go to snack. I keep them in a sealed container in my freezer. When ever I need a snack or a quick peanut butter fix, I grab one of these. The best part is that they do not need to be thawed before eating. You can just grab and go.
There are so many recipes out there for different energy balls, so if cookie dough/peanut butter isn't your thing, try alternate ingredients! I hope to keep exploring different flavours of energy balls because they are just so convenient and delicious!
Peanut Butter Cookie Dough Energy Balls Ingredients:
- gluten-free rolled oats
- coconut oil
- natural peanut butter
- pure maple syrup
- vanilla extract
- almond flour
- ground chia seeds
- dark chocolate chip
I love these! I actually made a huge batch of them to bring to my mom's office during their busy season for all the travel agents.. they were such a hit and everyone LOVED them. Everyone was asking for the recipe at the end because they are just THAT good!
These are such an easy snack to pack in your lunch bag too. You could even freeze them and then throw them in your lunch box as an ice pack that de-thaws into your favourite snack!
How To Make Peanut Butter Cookie Dough Balls:
These are SO easy to make. The only time-consuming part is measuring out all the ingredients. To make these delicious balls, you just combine all ingredients and then roll them into little balls, freeze then enjoy! I kept some in my fridge in an airtight container and some in my freezer!
After freezing them, you can eat them right away. A pro tip that I found super helpful was to wet my hands a little bit before rolling them into balls. This helps the peanut butter form the ball rather than get gooey in your hands 🙂
More Homemade No Bake Balls:
- No Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Balls
- Salted Caramel Energy Balls
- Apple Pie Protein Balls
- Mini Chocolate Chip and Oat Energy Balls
If you make any of my recipes please tag your photos with #nikkisplate so I can see your beautiful creations! Any feedback in the comments below is greatly appreciated. I hope you have fun!
Until next time,
Peanut Butter Cookie Dough Energy Balls
- 1½ cup gluten-free rolled oats
- 2 tablespoon coconut oil
- 2 tablespoon natural peanut butter
- ¼ cup pure maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup almond flour
- 1 tablespoon ground chia seeds
- ¼ cup dark chocolate chip (or chopped dark chocolate)
- Blend oats in high speed blender until a fine flour forms
- Combine oil, peanut butter, maple syrup and vanilla in a medium sized bowl. Heat if necessary to liquify ingredients. Mix.
- Add the almond flour, oat flour and chia seeds. Mix until combined. Fold in chocolate.
- Using your hands, roll small balls (about 1 tbsp/15 ml of mixture). Place balls onto plate lined with parchment paper.
- Freeze balls for 10 minutes or until firm. Store in sealed container in freezer.
Leave a Reply