Pistachio Protein Muffins (GF + Vegan)
I am such a bear in the morning. Dylan knows to keep his distance from me until I get my coffee into me. One thing I always struggle with is cooking a healthy breakfast at 6 am before heading to the hospital for a long 12-hour shift.
What I do is prep my entire day worth of meals, the day before, INCLUDING my breakfast. This week's breakfast: these pistachio muffins! They were delicious.
I love making high carb and high protein breakfasts before I go to work because I find that it keeps me feeling full longer. The longer I can go in the morning the better. I find I have more energy when I am full which makes me more productive and less tired.
These 'Pistachio Protein Muffins' are light, but packed full of healthy nutrients. I love how easy it is to just grab one out of the fridge on my way out the door.
You can add whatever additional ingredients you want to these pistachio protein muffins, like chia seeds, cinnamon or even just smother them with almond butter or coconut oil.
Another awesome tip is to individually wrap them in tin foil or in zip lock bags, and put them in your freezer. Each night before you go to bed, take out one and put it into your fridge so that you have one ready for the next morning! BOOM healthy breakfast all week, every week.
I hope you enjoy this easy and healthy breakfast recipe.
Pistachio Protein Muffins
- 2 scoops of vanilla protein powder
- 1 cup crushed pistachios
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ cup almond flour
- ½ cup almond butter
- 1 cup unsweetened apple sauce
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease a muffin tin (I used an 8 muffin tin).
- Mix all dry ingredients in one bowl and slowly add in wet ingredients. Mix fully.
- Divided the muffin batter among the muffin tin.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes. Use a toothpick in the centre of the muffins to make sure they are fully dry.
- Cool muffins on a rack, then enjoy!
Make sure you experiment with the recipe! Add your own ingredients and twists. Baking is fun!
Share your recipes with me at #bakingwithNikki !