Make Your Bathroom Remodel Go Faster; get the most out of bathroom remodels by streamlining the process.
You love your bathroom, but it's time to bring it into the 21st century! You know that a bathroom remodel takes time and money. But you don't want all those months of planning and building to be wasted on a subpar job.
One way to save money when remodeling is to do it yourself. If you aren't an experienced builder, building a new bathroom can be a lot of work and may delay the time you actually have for bathing! I've done several bathroom remodels by myself and have learned that there are things you can do to streamline the process so you don't get stuck doing work that should be left to professionals.
A good bathroom remodel should go as smoothly as possible—but how do you do that? Here are six ways to make your bathroom remodel go faster:
How To Make Your Bathroom Remodel Go Faster:
Rebuilding your bathroom can be intimidating. You already feel the time pressure of needing to have this project done before your wedding. Your renovation budget may fluctuate. Plus, you have no previous remodeling experience. How are you supposed to know how to get started, who you hire, and what materials should you use? Bathroom remodeling is a lot more difficult than some people realize. Let's jump into some tips...
Create a list of your to-do's.
The first thing you need to do is make a list of everything you want to do. This is much easier said than done, but it's one of the most important steps in streamlining your bathroom remodel. If you have no idea where to start, start by making a list of all the things that bug you about your current bathroom and then prioritize those items based on importance (i.e., "I wish there was more storage space" vs."The sink drains slowly").
Once this initial phase is complete, organize your to-do list into categories that make sense for how much money or time each item requires--and be sure every item has a completion date! You'll also want to consider how much each item costs so that once again everyone knows what their budget limitations are ahead of time so no one gets upset later when they find out something costs more than expected during construction or installation processes.
Cut through the clutter.
Clutter is the enemy of a bathroom remodel. It can slow down your work, distract you from the task at hand and make it difficult to find things when they're needed. Clutter can also be dangerous--you don't want to risk tripping over clutter while carrying heavy tools or materials through your home. And finally, having too much stuff in your bathroom makes it feel smaller than it really is!
Improve your storage situation.
One of the best ways to make your bathroom remodel go faster is to organize everything that you can. When you're working on a tight schedule, every moment counts!
- Use baskets and bins to organize small items.
- Use a linen closet for towels, sheets and other linens.
- Hang pegboard above your toilet so that tools don't take up valuable counter space while they're waiting between uses (or just keep them in the garage). A pegboard will also come in handy if you have any plumbing issues during construction--you can use it as temporary storage until everything is fixed up again!
- If you have cabinets with doors that open, consider removing one or two doors to make more space for storage.
Think about lighting and ventilation.
One of the most important things to consider when planning your bathroom remodel is lighting. Make sure that you have enough lighting in your bathroom. If there's one thing that slows down a bathroom remodel, it's having to work in low light Natural light is also a must, but it's also important to think about artificial lighting and ventilation.
If you're looking for a way to make your bathroom feel larger, try adding skylights or windows that let in natural light from above. This can help give the room an open feeling that makes it seem like there's more space than there actually is!
You'll also want to make sure you have enough electrical outlets so everyone has access to power during their morning routines--and if possible, consider adding some USB ports too so people can charge their phones while getting ready in the morning (or at night).
Organize cabinets and drawers to make the most of your space.
If you're planning on organizing your cabinets and drawers, there are a few things to consider. You can use containers for small items, baskets for larger items, or drawer dividers to keep items separate. If you're ready to make your bathroom remodel go faster, take some time at the beginning of the project to organize your cabinets and drawers so that everything has a place. This will make it easier for you to find what you need when it's time to put it all together in one beautiful new space.
Decide what elements are most important to you
Decide what elements are most important to you, and focus on those before tackling others that may take more time or money than you have on hand at the moment.
When you're ready to get started, it's important to know what elements are most important to you and focus on those before tackling others that might take more time or money than you have on hand at the moment. For example, if having a glass shower door is critical for your bathroom remodel (and let's be honest: it probably is), then don't get distracted by other things that might be nice to have like heated floors or marble countertops. Focus on what is important first then look at the luxuries.
The same goes for anything out of your control--like whether or not there will be enough natural light coming through the window above the sink when it comes time for painting day--or too expensive--like installing high-end fixtures like Moxie liners throughout all three bathrooms in your home.
A bathroom remodel takes time, but there are ways to speed up the process
A bathroom remodel is a big project, and it can be overwhelming. If you're not careful, it's easy to get caught up in the details and lose sight of the end goal: an updated bathroom that works better for your family. If you want your bathroom to remodel to go quickly and smoothly, here are some tips:
- Start with a plan: Draw up a blueprint of the new space, keep it handy, and refer to it often.
- Be organized: Label everything so that you don't have to worry about finding out where something is later on.
- Keep a clean work area.
- Make sure you have all the tools you need beforehand.
- Get help: Don't be afraid to ask for help! Even if you're doing it yourself, having someone around who knows what they're doing can make all the difference in the world when things get tricky.
- Make sure everyone knows what they're doing before starting work on the project - if different contractors are coming in at different times (or even all at once), make sure everyone knows what their responsibilities are before they start work on the job site! This will help keep things running smoothly when everyone starts working together later on down road...
With a little planning and organization, you can make your bathroom remodel go much more quickly than you might think. And the faster it goes, the sooner you'll be enjoying your new space!
More Bathroom Posts:
- HOW TO OPTIMIZE YOUR BATHROOM SPACE
- 50+ FARMHOUSE BATHROOM DECOR IDEAS YOU WILL LOVE
- 9 DESIGN ELEMENTS EVERYONE SHOULD AVOID IN THE MASTER BATHROOM
- 15 BEAUTIFUL BATHROOM VANITY IDEAS FOR YOUR DREAM BATHROOM
Until next time,
Leave a Reply