Peanut butter and pecan pancakes. Delicious. Who doesn't love peanut butter? Literally every day I eat peanut butter. I'm obsessed. I only eat organic and natural peanut butter to make sure it doesn't have any bad preservatives or oils in it. BUT the other day I read an article in a magazine about peanut butter that hurt my heart.
This article talked about peanuts and peanut butter containing aflatoxin. Which is a carcinogen produced by the Aspergillus flavus mold. Maybe I should switch to almond or cashew butters instead? I am wondering if this is only true about the regular peanut butters out there that are high in sugar and trans fats. My plan is to do a little more research on this and ill report back to you all on it!
Anyways, while we are all still peanut butter loving freaks, let's get to this recipe. Every day off I have I make pancakes. They are just so easy and you can pack so many different healthy additives into them like protein powder or greens powder. These are the pancakes I made the other morning and they were so delicious I just had to share them with everyone!
I also topped them with cinnamon, dark chocolate chips, and pure organic maple syrup. Which is all optional of course.
Peanut Butter and Pecan Pancakes
- 1 chia egg
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil melted
- ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ½ cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 2-3 tablespoons agave nectar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon natural organic peanut butter
- ½ cup oat flour
- ¼ cup coconut flour
- ¼ cup unsalted pecans
- Heat a pan on stove, medium heat. Spray nonstick oil of choice (I always use coconut oil).
- Add all ingredients (except pecans) into a blender. Blend slowly to mix all ingredients.
- Once pan is heated, pour about 1 cup of batter onto pan. Break up some of the pecans and add on top of batter. Cook until the edges appear dry and bubbles form on top, then flip. Cook for another 2 minutes on the other side. Will make 5-6 pancakes.
- Put pancakes on two plates. Top with extra pecans, dark chocolate chips, cinnamon, maple syrup. What ever your heart desires!