This vegan peanut butter chocolate chip ice cream is dairy free, gluten free, easy to make, bursting with natural flavours and so delicious!
I can not believe it is already the end of August. Where did the summer go? I only have two more weeks and ill be back in school crying over a textbook. Lets not think about this... I am excited for fall though! I love fall. The beautiful colours and crisp air.
I am most excited for the tea and lattes. I have an addiction to tea. I love making my own or grabbing a quick bag with some hot water when on the run. One thing I am going to really miss about the summer is my ice cream. I am a hardcore ice cream fan. I use to eat it all the time. I am pretty sure I once had it labeled as my "favourite food", which is just sad.
Ice cream is obviously not the healthiest thing for you. Everyone knows this. But we should not have to give up our favourites! I love this vegan ice cream recipe.
Vegan Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Ice Cream Ingredients:
- Smooth Peanut Butter
- Cocoa Nibs or Dark Chocolate Chips
This dairy free and gluten free frozen dessert is just amazing. I can not believe that it is just bananas. I know that may sound gross but its actually so good. Its super easy to make too! All that is in it is frozen bananas blended together to form a puree.
You can add in what ever you are craving. I love peanut butter and dark chocolate chips. Together = heaven. I also sprinkled some toasted coconut pieces on top. This creamy frozen treat is also great on any warm crisp dessert (like my strawberry rhubarb crisp). Let me know what you think 🙂
If you make this recipe, make sure you tag me in your pictures at #nikkisplate .. I love to see your creations and hear feedback on how my recipes turned out for you! Really appreciate it!
Until next time,
Vegan peanut butter chocolate chip ice cream
- Food Processor or Strong Blender
- 4 Bananas just slighty overripe (brown spots are good)
- 2 tablespoon natural peanut butter (I used smooth)
- ¼ cup Cocoa Nibs or Dark Chocolate Chips
- Peel and slice the bananas into ½ inch pieces. Place them in the freezer for about an hour (or until they are frozen solid).
- Put the frozen slices in a food processor and pulse. The banana mixture will start to look creamy. Add in the peanut butter and continue to blend until completely smooth.
- Spoon mixture into a freezer safe dish. Mix in cocoa nibs (or chocolate chips).
- Serve immediately or cover and place back into the freezer.
This vegan peanut butter chocolate chip ice cream is vegan, gluten free, easy to make, bursting with natural flavours and so delicious!
Leave a Reply