Honey and hemp roasted almonds. A sweet vegan snack that is packed with natural protein!
I made a batch of these at the beginning of this week, and oh my goodness. Best. Decision. Ever
This was actually my first time every making roasted nuts. They are so much better homemade than sure bought thats for sure. Surprised? They taste like entirely different nuts! And when they are warm, they just melt in your mouth.
So I mixed all the ingredients in a big mixing bowl. Then spread them out on some parchment paper and baked them in the oven for 20 minutes or until they are lightly browned.
The honey acts as a binding agent so when you take them out of the oven it will be one big hard plate of nuts. The Himalayan salt and cinnamon adds a little kick too!
You can break it up into clusters like this:
Such a perfect snack! Homemade roasted nuts are so much taster when they are not coming out of a preservative filled package.
I broke them all into little clusters, put them in a ziplock bag and pack a few of them in my lunch for work!
You could totally add other ingredients to these too! I was thinking about adding some unsweetened coconut on the next batch I make, or even some dried cranberries! Who knows!
Side life note: Leaving for camping this Friday! Looking forward to taking our trailer out for the first time this year. I will post about it next week for you all hopefully! Let me know if you are interested in camping posts and recipes.
Enjoy these deliciously roasted protein treats!
- 2 tablespoons raw organic honey
- 2.5 cups raw almonds
- 2 tablespoons hemp seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon pink Himalayan salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon (optional)
- Preheat oven to bake 350 degrees. Heat honey in a sauce pan over low heat until melted
- Add in all other ingredients. Mix thoroughly.
- Spread out over parchment paper and bake in oven for 15-25 minutes. Watch carefully not to burn. Remove from oven when golden in colour.
- Cool for 30 minutes or until hard.
- Break into clusters and enjoy!
- Store in ziplock or airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days!