Cheesy Buffalo Chicken Dip Recipe; A delicious appetizer for parties and family get togethers. Every Super Bowl party needs a big pot of this creamy and spicy buffalo chicken dip.
Hi beauties! Coming at you with a delicious cheesy buffalo chicken dip recipe! Cheesy Buffalo Chicken Dip is a hard dip not to love. There is just the right amount of buffalo sauce that blends with the creamy cheese. It's so easy to make, you will want to double it!
Buffalo chicken dip is a timeless favorite at any social gathering. Game day, birthday parties, and potlucks — you name it. There's always a good reason to have buffalo chicken dip around. And let's not forget about Super Bowl parties! While I don't know much about football, I know buffalo chicken dip is one of the best appetizers for any game day spread.
So with that being said, let's jump into the recipe for this mouth-watering dip!
How to Make Cheesy Buffalo Chicken Dip Recipe
This buffalo chicken dip is simple to make, and super delicious! Here are the ingredients you will need to make this recipe:
- cream cheese (softened)
- buffalo sauce
- sour cream
- garlic powder
- onion powder
- chicken breast (cooked & shredded)
- cheddar cheese (grated)
- mozzarella cheese (grated)
- blue cheese
- green onions
- Crackers, chips, pretzels, or veggies for dipping.
First, you'll want to preheat your oven to 350° F (180° C). Let it warm up while you are putting together your dip. In a medium bowl, combine cream cheese, sour cream, buffalo sauce, onion powder, and garlic powder with a mixer. Next, stir in the shredded chicken, ½ the cheddar cheese, and ½ the mozzarella cheese, ½ the blue cheese, and ½ the green onions. Spread into a baking dish. Top with remaining cheese and bake for 20 minutes or until bubbly on top. Remove from oven and sprinkle with the remaining green onions. Serve with crackers, chips, pretzels, sliced baget, or veggies!
Tips for Creating the Perfect Dip
When you're looking to make the perfect buffalo chicken dip, there are a few things you should keep in mind.
- First, it's important to understand that this is a very flexible recipe. You can make it with or without cheese, and you can use any kind of meat or vegetable you want in place of the chicken. The key is finding something that complements the flavors of hot sauce and blue cheese dressing.
- Next, you need the chicken! This is probably the most important part of any buffalo chicken dish. You can use grilled or boiled chicken breast, but I recommend using rotisserie chicken if you have it on hand (so easy!).
- You can make this dip 2-3 days a head of time but don't actually cook it until you are ready to serve it. Keep it wrapped with tin foil until read to bake!
- Use reduced-fat cream cheese and sour cream for a healthier spin on the recipe.
What to Serve With Buffalo Chicken Dip
Buffalo chicken dip is tasty with vegetables, crackers, or bread. My favorite way to eat it is with tortilla chips or sliced baget! I have also seen a lot of people eat it with celery and carrots which looks good and is considered low-carb/keto!
More Delicious Dips You'll Love:
If you have any questions about this recipe, leave them in the comment section below and I'll make sure to get back to you on it! If you make any of my recipes please tag your photos with #nikkisplate so I can see your beautiful creations! Any feedback in the comments below is greatly appreciated. I hope you have fun!
Share this delicious recipe with the rest of the Pinterest, Instagram, and Facebook world! Also, make sure to follow my account to see when I post new recipes or home-inspired content at Nikki's Plate.
Until next time,
CHEESY BUFFALO CHICKEN DIP RECIPE
- 8 oz cream cheese (softened)
- 1 cup buffalo sauce
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 cups chicken breast (cooked & shredded)
- 1 cup cheddar cheese (grated)
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese (grated)
- ½ cup blue cheese (crumbled)
- 3 green onions (sliced thin)
- Crackers, chips, pretzels, or veggies for dipping
- First, you'll want to preheat your oven to 350° F (180° C).
- In a medium bowl, combine cream cheese, sour cream, buffalo sauce, onion powder, and garlic powder with a mixer. Spread into a baking dish
- Top with remaining cheeses and bake for 20-25 minutes or until bubbly on top.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with the remaining green onions. Serve with crackers, chips, pretzels, sliced baget, or veggies!
Leave a Reply