Yes I said it. The best. The best vegan and gluten free chocolate chip cookies I have ever made! And you know what the best part about these cookies are? They not only kill a craving but also leave you feeling guilt free. How can you not love them! With back to school around the corner, I thought I would make a recipe that all you mamas out there can make for your little ones. Who wouldn’t love a chocolate chip cookie in their lunch bag! The only thing that would be an issue with these cookies, is that it contains almond flour which may be against some school codes. I know some schools allow nuts, but just not peanuts.. where as others don’t allow any nuts.
Oops sorry couldn’t resist, needed to take a bite! Do you know how hard it is to take pictures of cookies and not be able to eat them right away. Give a girl a break.. break me off a piece of these cookies. – Yep I said that. GUILTY.
Lets jump into the recipe of these now!
Enjoy these chocolate chip cookies!
- 1/2 cup gluten-free rolled oats
- 1/3 cup oat flour
- 1/4 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup arrowroot powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup vegan dark chocolate chips
- 1 pinch of cinnamon (optional)
- 4 tablespoons of soften coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup SMOOTH almond butter (or any other nut butter, I find almond works best for taste here)
- 1/3 cup pure maple syrup
- Preheat oven 350 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or silicone baking sheet.
- Combine wet ingredients in a large bowl and set aside.
- Add the dry ingredients one ingredient at a time, and stir until combined. Fold in the chocolate chips at then end.
- Take spoon full of the cookie dough and mold into a ball with your hands. Press onto the cookie sheet/parchment paper.
- For soft and chewy cookies, bake for 9 minutes.. for crunchy cookies, bake for 13 minutes.
- Cool for 10 minutes and enjoy!