Homemade gift idea; cookie mix in a jar with free printable! A mason jar filled with pre-measured dry ingredients for delicious and festive Christmas cookies! Great gift or stocking stuffer!
Hi beauties! It's the most wonderful time of the year! And what better way to celebrate than with homemade gifts? Do you have a friend or family member who loves baking cookies? This year, I'm going to show you how to make cookie mix in a jar as a homemade gift idea for Christmas. It's super simple, and it's sure to be a hit!
This recipe is super easy to make, and all you need is a few simple ingredients. The best part? It makes enough for a really large batch of delicious cookies so that the recipient can share with their friends or family.
If you want some more ideas for mason jar gifts, check out this post for 15 clever mason jar gifts you havent seen yet!
How to Make Cookie Mix in a Jar
Here's how to make the Christmas cookie mix in a jar:
- Get a mason jar (we recommend a wide-mouth one). Make sure you clean it prior to use. I like cleaning mine with dawn dish soap. Be sure to dry completely before adding your ingredients!
- Add the ingredients in a layered look. See recipe card below. Save the M&Ms or chocolate chips for the top layer! See photos for reference.
- Put the lid on the jar. Write the ingredients and instructions on a card and attach it to the jar with a ribbon, bow or twine. Get creative and festive with it!
- all purpose flour
- baking powder
- baking soda
- light brown sugar
- white granulated sugar
- Holiday M&M’s or chocolate chips
Free Printable Cookie Mix in a Jar Tags
Here is the printable cookie mix in a jar tags you can use for your jars! Just make sure you fill out the back with your instructions. Adding hand written text on the back of the tags truly makes them personal and homemade!
What To Write on Tags
"Preheat oven 350°F. Whisk ½ cup of melted butter, 1 large egg, and 2 teaspoon vanilla extract together. Add the contents of the jar. Stir with a wooden spoon until combined. Chill for 30 minutes. Form balls and press onto a lined baking sheet. Bake for 10 min. Cool. Eat!"
Alternatives to Add:
- White Chocolate Chips
- Dried Cranberries
- Pecans, Walnuts, Almonds
- Dried Cherries
- Cinnamon, Nutmeg, Pumpkin Spice
I love homemade gifts for the holidays. One of my favorite things to give are Mason Jar Cookie Mixes. They make sucha great gift idea.
If you have any questions about this DIY gift recipe, leave it in the comment section below and I'll make sure to get back to you on it! If you make any of my recipes please tag your photos with #nikkisplate so I can see your beautiful creations! Any feedback in the comments below is greatly appreciated. I hope you have fun!
Share this delicious recipe with the rest of Pinterest world! Also make sure to follow my account to see when I post new recipes or home inspired content at Nikki's Plate.
More Christmas Cookie Recipes:
- HEALTHIER VEGAN GINGER MOLASSES COOKIES
- 4 INGREDIENT GLUTEN-FREE SHORTBREAD COOKIES
- GLUTEN FREE CHOCOLATE DIPPED GINGERSNAPS
- CHOCOLATE DIPPED CHESTNUT COOKIES
- CRANBERRY BLISS BARS
- 15 CLEVER MASON JAR GIFTS YOU HAVEN'T SEEN YET!
Until next time,
COOKIE MIX IN A JAR
- 1 cups all purpose flour
- ½ cup oats
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ⅓ cup light brown sugar
- ½ cup granulated white sugar
- 1 cup Holiday M&M’s or chocolate chips
- Combine flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt in a medium bowl. Pour mixture into the bottom of the clean and dried mason jar. Level out by taping the bottom of the jar on the counter.
- Add in the brown sugar. Flatten this layer with a spoon or spatula. Next add the white sugar. Again, tap the jar on the counter to level out layer. Repeat this with the oats.
- Add in the M&M's or chocolate chips. Seal the jar lid and add some festive ribbon, bows and the printable tag (or make your own tag!)
What to Write on Tag
- "Preheat oven 350°F. Whisk ½ cup of melted butter, 1 large egg, and 2 teaspoon vanilla extract together. Add the contents of the jar. Stir with a wooden spoon until combined. Chill for 30 minutes. Form balls and press onto a lined baking sheet. Bake for 10 min. Cool. Eat!"
- The color of the M&M’s will bleed slightly into the cookie dough once it is prepared! This cannot be prevented, sorry!
Leave a Reply