Cranberry Bliss Bars; a gluten free blondie cake base with dairy free coconut and white chocolate frosting, loaded with delicious cranberries. Starbucks Bliss Bars copycat, but a healthier version!
Coming at you with another healthy Christmas dessert option. This time, I am loading you all with some cranberries. Cranberries to me just scream Christmas. My grandma used to always make that garland with the dried fruit (which always included cranberries.. lots of cranberries), so for me, the look and smell of cranberries always gets me in the Christmas spirit!
Speaking of Christmas spirit, I am currently writing this post on a Christmas Market River Cruise in Europe! My mom and I just got on the boat yesterday and have been loving every second of it. We are currently sailing to Passau, Germany.
The Christmas markets have been so breathtaking so far. I love the beautiful lights, the decorated trees, and all the hot chocolate a girl could as for. Make sure you are following me on my Instagram account because I am sharing everything about this vacation on there!
How to Make Copycat Starbucks Cranberry Bliss Bars
So enough about my Christmas market cruise and more about these delicious cranberry bliss bars. These bars were obviously inspired by Starbucks bliss bars! I saw them the last week while I was in line for my usual Americano with almond milk. And I was basically drooling over them!
The combo of cranberry and white chocolate just makes my mouth water!
I used just regular dried unsweetened cranberries from our local grocery store and they turned out to be perfect. I was worried they were going to be very hard or dried out, but they had a texture more so like raisins… soft and bursting with flavour!
The ingredients you will need for these vegan cranberry bliss bars include:
- unsweetened dried cranberries
- Oat and coconut flour
- raw cane sugar or sweetener of choice
- coconut butter
- dairy free milk
- vanilla protein powder
- almond butter
- brown rice syrup
- vanilla extract
- vegan white chocolate (or regular white chocolate if you dont need it to be vegan)
You can also add some sort of nut to your blondie base if you want more of a surprise crunch in there. I liked just having the cranberries and white chocolate in the base but you can add whatever you’d like to suit your preferences of course!
I opted to not soak my dried cranberries in water before using because I found them to be soft enough but you can soak them in some water for about 30 minutes if you think your dried cranberries are too hard. just make sure you dry them completely before using them in this recipe or they will make the blondies a little soggy.. and no one like a soggy cranberry bliss bar!
Alright, let’s just jump into these cranberry bliss bars shall we?!
I hope you enjoy this recipe and do not forget to tag me in your creations with the hashtag #nikkisplate ! I love seeing your recreations of my recipes 🙂
Until next time beauties,
Vegan Cranberry Bliss Bars
For Blondie Base:
- 1 1/2 cup gluten free oat flour
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 cup brown rice Syrup
- 2 scoop vanilla protein powder
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup almond butter
- 1 tbsp almond milk
- 1/4 cup unsweetened dried cranberries
- 1 bar white chocolate (vegan)
For White Chocolate Layer:
- 4 tbsp coconut butter (melted)
- 2 tbsp granulated sweetener of choice (I used raw cane)
- 1-2 tbsp almond milk (to thin out the mixture)
- 1 Handful dried cranberries to sprinkle on top
For Blondie Base:
- Line baking pan with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, mix the flours, and protein powder.
- In a microwavable bowl, melt brown rice syrup with almond butter until well combined. Add in all remaining wet ingredients. Pour this mixture into your dry ingredient bowl.
- Fold in dried cranberries and chopped white chocolate bar.
- Pour into your lined baking pan and put into the fridge for 15 minutes. Remove once firm.
For White Chocolate Top Layer:
- Stir all ingredients together after you have melted the coconut butter and white chocolate.
- Pour on top of blondie base (once it has cooled).
- Sprinkle with cranberries and you can even drizzle some more melted white chocolate over top (optional).
- Place in fridge for another 15 minutes.