Overnight oats are my addiction. I seriously can not get enough this breakfast dish. I prep it every night so I can have a delicious meal to start my day right! This is my go-to recipe. It's so easy.
I usually have everything on hand. I always buy enough bananas when I do my grocery shopping so that I can enjoy one a day!
I have heard so many rumours about bananas. Everything from "it is the worst fruit to eat when you are trying to lose weight" or "if you eat more then one a day you will get a potassium overdose." But all I can say is FALSE. I love bananas and have always eaten them, even during my weight loss journey.
In this recipe, I did sprinkle some dried coconut and cinnamon on top. You can experiment with any toppings you love. I also put chia seeds in my overnight oats. Chia seeds are a must. They are a superfood...they are full of healthy omegas, fibre and have protein in them (which is a plus for us vegans).
Overnight Oats Make a Quick & Healthy Breakfast
Oats are an amazing breakfast option for many reasons. They have so many health bonuses!
If you're not a fan of oatmeal in the morning, I can understand. I am not a fan of hot oatmeal in the morning either, but overnight oats are a meal I enjoy. It's also fun to make. I know, you're probably thinking I must have a seriously boring life right? But I am not joking! It's fun to be creative and try different ingredients in your overnight oats. Give it a try and you'll understand me better 🙂
Want more overnight oats recipes? Check these out:
Peanut Butter and Banana Overnight Oats
- ⅓ cup regular oats
- 1.5 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1-1.5 cup non-dairy milk I use unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tablespoon peanut butter or any other nut butter
- 1 ripe banana sliced
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened shredded coconut optional
- Mix oats, non-dairy milk, peanut butter, chia seeds, cinnamon in a bowl. It should be watery.
- Cover with lid or some sort of wrap. Place in fridge overnight.
- Remove from fridge the next morning, stir mixture.
- Add banana slices and enjoy!
Hope you enjoy 🙂
Leave a Reply