Red Christmas Sangria Recipe; made with red wine, brandy cranberry pomegranate juice, sparkling apple cider and fruit. Topped with cinnamon sticks and rosemary to garnish
Hi beauties! Coming at you with a delicious red Christmas sangria recipe! It's made with red wine, brandy cranberry pomegranate juice, sparkling apple cider and fruit. Topped with cinnamon sticks and rosemary to garnish.
When it comes to holiday drinks, there's nothing quite so festive as a delicious mix of red wine and brandy. It's perfect for parties or any night when you want to drink something that tastes like Christmas.
Mix up some of these drinks ahead of time and store in a pitcher in the fridge until ready to serve! But maybe wait to add the fresh cut up fruit for when you are ready to serve it! It's so festive and delicious that you'll want to make it all year round.
What is Red Christmas Sangria?
Sangria is a drink that originated in Spain but has become popular across the globe. Sangria is traditionally made with red wine, fruit juice, and brandy or vodka; however, you can also make it with white wine instead of red. You can also add other ingredients like ginger ale or sparkling water.
Red Christmas Sangria is a delicious, festive drink that you can enjoy this holiday season. It's perfect for your holiday party, or just for hanging out around the house!
Red Christmas Sangria is, in a word, festive. It's a punchy drink that tastes like Christmas—and, more importantly, it looks like Christmas. This recipe is bursting with cranberry juice, apple cider and brandy flavors.
How to Make Red Christmas Sangria Recipe
This recipe couldn't be more perfect for this time of year. It tastes as good as it sounds. The mixture of pomegranate juice, brandy and sparkling cider gives it a festive feel that is perfect to get you in the Christmas spirit. This recipe will give you enough sangria for 8 people, but if you want to make more or less, no problem! You can just scale up or down as needed.
- Merlot or red wine of choice
- Cranberry Pomegranate juice
- Sparkling Apple Cider
- A Pomegranate, fresh cranberries, an orange and an apple
- Cinnamon sticks and Rosemary for garnish (optional)
The directions for this recipe are pretty straight forward. In a large pitcher (or punch bowl) combine all the ingredients except the apple cider, cinnamon sticks and rosemary. Mix well, cover and place in the refrigerator overnight to allow flavors to come together.
Just before serving add the sparkling apple cider, orange pieces and apple cubes stir to combine. You can serve with ice or just on it's own. It is best when cold though!
How to Serve Red Christmas Sangria
The best way to serve sangria is obviously cold. So do not skip the chilling step of this recipe. When it comes to serving sangria, there's no need to get fancy. I'm all about keeping things simple and letting the fruity wine do its thing.
If you're serving sangria at home, there are many ways to do so! Here are a few options to consider:
- In a pitcher: Pour all ingredients into a pitcher and let it sit for at least an hour before serving. Serve over ice if desired.
- In individual glasses: Fill individual glasses with ice cubes and pour sangria mixture into each glass until full before topping with fruit slices or berries as desired. Don't forget fun Christmas wine glass charms!
- In a punch bowl: Fill large bowl with ice cubes and pour sangria mixture over top before adding fruit slices or berries as desired.
More Cocktail Recipes
- CANDY CANE MARTINI RECIPE
- FUN NON-ALCOHOLIC MOCKTAIL DRINKS
- EASY HOMEMADE EGGNOG RECIPE
- HOMEMADE STRAWBERRY LEMONADE RECIPE
If you have any questions about this recipe, leave it in the comment section below and I'll make sure to get back to you on it!
If you make any of my recipes please tag your photos with #nikkisplate so I can see your beautiful creations! Any feedback in the comments below is greatly appreciated. I hope you have fun!
Share this delicious recipe with the rest of Pinterest world! Also make sure to follow my account to see when I post new recipes or home inspired content at Nikki's Plate.
Until next time,
RED CHRISTMAS SANGRIA RECIPE
- 1 Bottle (750ml) Merlot or red wine of choice
- 2 cups Cranberry Pomegranate juice
- ¼ cup Sugar white
- 1 bottle Sparkling Apple Cider
- 1 cup Brandy (more or less to preference)
- ½ cup Pomegranate Seeds
- 1.2 cup Cranberries
- 1 Orange Sliced and quartered
- 1 Apple Cubed
- cinnamon sticks and rosemary stems (for garnish)
- In a large pitcher (or punch bowl) combine all the ingredients except the apple cider, cinnamon sticks and rosemary. Mix well, cover and place in the refrigerator overnight to allow flavors to come together.
- Just before serving add the sparkling apple cider, orange pieces and apple cubes stir to combine. You can serve with ice or just on it's own. It is best when cold though!
Leave a Reply