Healthy Iced Mocha Latte Recipe; a refreshing morning drink. It's bold and full of chocolate flavor, yet smooth and not too strong. It's the perfect pick-me-up with a splash of caffeine.
Hi beauties! Coming at you with my favorite Healthy Iced Mocha Latte Recipe! It is everything you want in an iced latte and more!
There is nothing better than a cool iced coffee drink to sip on during the warmer months. If you are like me, you are also wanting to eat healthier and avoid sugary drinks. Iced mochas are my go-to summer choice but I wanted to find a way to make them with less sugar and calories. This is my version of an iced mocha latte that has fewer calories but all of the rich chocolate flavor!
So without any more ranting let's dive into how you can make this Iced Mocha Latte Recipe at home any time of the day! Just make sure you have some ice cubes on hand before you start!
How To Make an Iced Mocha Latte Recipe
The ingredients are really straightforward in this recipe which is probably another reason why I love it so much! If you have already prepared cold coffee on hand, this recipe will take you about five minutes to just throw everything together.
- Milk of Choice - I used almond milk in this recipe but you can use regular milk, oat milk, soy beverage.. whatever your go to milk alternative is!
- Black Coffee - You can use any type of coffee you want. I have been trying to stick to decaf when I can, especially during end-of-the-day coffees. You can use espresso, freshly brewed, store bought, or instant!
- Cacao Powder - organic cacao beans
- Maple Syrup - You can use any sweetener you would like. I prefer maple syrup, honey, or stevia in my coffee!
- Ice Cubes
- Top with whipped cream, cookie crumbs, chocolate shavings or chocolate syrup!
The first thing you are going to do is prepare all the ingredients. Brew the coffee if you don't have any yet. Set aside. Next, you are going to make the chocolate syrup. Bring the water to a simmering boil. Place the cacao powder in a small cup and pour the hot water into the cup. Whisk until the cacao powder is dissolved. Add in your sweetener of choice and mix until it dissolves.. The chocolate syrup should be smooth without the lumps.
Next, you are going to assemble the latte. Start by placing the ice in a tall cup. Pour cooled coffee over the ice. Add in chocolate syrup and milk and stir it all together. Add any toppings you would like. Throw in a straw and enjoy!
If you have any questions about this recipe, leave it in the comment section below and I'll make sure to get back to you on it! If you make any of my recipes please tag your photos with #nikkisplate so I can see your beautiful creations! Any feedback in the comments below is greatly appreciated. I hope you have fun!
Share this delicious recipe with the rest of the Pinterest, Instagram, and Facebook world! Also, make sure to follow my account to see when I post new recipes or home-inspired content at Nikki's Plate.
More Drink Recipes:
- ICED STRAWBERRY MATCHA LATTE
- DAIRY FREE PEANUT BUTTER HOT CHOCOLATE
- PEANUT BUTTER COFFEE
- OVERNIGHT CINNAMON COLD BREW COFFEE
Until next time,
THE BEST HEALTHY ICED MOCHA LATTE RECIPE
- 1 cup brewed coffee
- ½ cup almond milk
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon Cacao Powder
- ice cubes
- Toppings of choice Whipped cream, chocolate syrup, chocolate shavings, cookie crumble
- Prepare all the ingredients. Brew the coffee if you don't have any yet. Set aside.
- Next, you are going to make the chocolate syrup. Bring the water to a simmering boil. Place the cacao powder in a small cup and pour the hot water into the cup. Whisk until the cacao powder is dissolved.
- Add in your sweetener of choice and mix until it dissolves.. The chocolate syrup should be smooth without the lumps.
- Next, you are going to assemble the latte. Start by placing the ice in a tall cup. Pour cooled coffee over the ice. Add in chocolate syrup and milk and stir it all together.
- Add any toppings you would like. Throw in a straw and enjoy!