Iced Strawberry Matcha Latte Recipe made with coconut milk, match powder and strawberry puree! Starbucks copycat but better!
Hi beauties! Coming at you with the most delicious strawberry matcha latte recipe today! Similar to the matcha strawberry latte by Starbucks and wont disappoint!
I love summer. The pool, the beach, and all things cool. Today's recipe is one of my favorites and it is perfect for those hot summer days, when the air conditioning is on high, and you just want an ice cold latte. This is not your typical iced latte. It has a ton more flavor than a boring cup of coffee or tea. Why? Because its bursting with so much strawberry!
My favorite way to make an iced matcha latte is to use coconut milk as my liquid because it gives the drink a tropical and creamy taste. When you add in the strawberry puree, you get a light pink color! I like using chopped up frozen strawberries for the fruit, but fresh is great if you have them. I used fresh in this recipe because I figured that is what most people would be using!
How to Make Strawberry Matcha Latte
This refreshing drink recipe is super easy to make. You will need a blender, matcha whisk, mesh strainer and kettle. This recipe has lots of options for making it to your preference. Let's jump into the strawberry matcha latte ingredients below.
Matcha Strawberry Latte Ingredients:
- Culinary Grade Matcha Powder
- Strawberries (fresh strawberries or frozen strawberries are fine)
- Sweetener of choice: Honey, Maple Syrup, Agave Nectar or Stevia
- Unsweetened Coconut Milk (or other non-dairy milk of choice. I also like to use almond milk, oat milk or soy milk)
Strawberry Matcha Latte Recipe Directions
To make this recipe you need to start by washing your strawberries and removing the stems, place in a small bowl, set aside. Also while you are doing this, have some water boiling in your kettle. If you don't have a kettle, boil 1 cup of water.
Next take your strawberries and put them into a blender with 1 cup of coconut milk (or the milk of your choice). Blend until completely smooth to create a milky fresh strawberry puree. Next you need strain this strawberry puree mixture in a mesh strainer. This makes sure your latte is not a smoothie but an actual liquid. You may need to push the strawberry puree through the mesh strainer with the back of a spoon. Set this strawberry milk aside. P.s if you want a thicker drink, you can use cream to make a strawberry cream instead.
Once your hot water is done boiling, pour ½ cup of it into a mug (discard the remaining). Add in your 1 to 1.5 teaspoons of matcha powder and use the bamboo whisk (by stirring in the mug) to help it dissolve. This will create a vibrant green color. Add in your sweetener next and adjust to your preference sweetness. Add in a few tablespoons of ice cubes to cool and a little more milk to the matcha layer.
In a serving glass, add in a handful of ice cubes. Then layer the strawberry mixture first and then the match latte layer next. You can serve it with the layered effect or mix it all together with your straw. Drink it right away!
What is Matcha?
Matcha is a powdered green tea that you can use to make lattes and other beverages, or add to baked goods. Matcha comes from the same plant as regular green tea, but it's processed differently—so instead of being steeped in hot water, it's ground into a fine powder.
It's a lot more potent than regular green tea because you're consuming the entire leaf, instead of just the water-soluble parts of it. You get all kinds of health benefits from matcha: antioxidants, fiber, anti-inflammatory properties…the list goes on!
Matcha is known for its ability to help with weight loss because it helps regulate your blood sugar levels and curb your appetite. But it also has benefits for your brain function and energy levels as well.
How Much Caffeine is in a Matcha Latte?
Matcha is not highly caffeinated. A matcha latte contains approximately 63 mg of caffeine per serving. Coffee has more caffeine coming in at approximately 150mg of caffeine per serving. So if you are sensitive to coffee caffeine, this matcha latte recipe may not have the same effect on you!
Starbucks Matcha Latte with Foam
If you want to create a foam on the top of your iced latte, I highly recommend using a milk frother. Use it on the match latte layer and not the strawberry milk layer. The strawberries may clog the milk frother!
If you have any questions about this recipe, leave it in the comment section below and I'll make sure to get back to you on it!
If you make any of my recipes please tag your photos with #nikkisplate so I can see your beautiful creations! Any feedback in the comments below is greatly appreciated. I hope you have fun!
Share this delicious recipe with the rest of Pinterest and Instagram world! Also make sure to follow my account to see when I post new recipes or home inspired content at Nikki's Plate.
More Latte Recipes:
Until next time,
Iced Strawberry Matcha Latte Recipe
- Matcha Whisk
- To make this recipe you need to start by washing your strawberries and removing the stems. Also while you are doing this, have some water bowling in your kettle. If you don't have a kettle, boil 1 cup of water.
- Next take your strawberries and put them into a blender with 1 cup of coconut milk (or the milk of your choice). Blend until completely smooth. Next you need strain this strawberry puree mixture in a mesh strainer. This makes sure your latte is not a smoothie but an actual liquid. You may need to push the strawberry puree through the mesh strainer with the back of a spoon. Set this strawberry milk aside.
- Once your hot water is done boiling, pour ½ cup of it into a mug. Add in your matcha powder and use the bamboo whisk to help it dissolve. This will create a vibrant green color liquid. Add in your sweetener next (adjust to your preference sweetness). Add in one ice cube cool and a little more milk the matcha layer.
- In a serving glass, add in a handful of ice cubes. Then layer the strawberry mixture first and then the match latte next. You can serve it with the layered effect or mix it all together with your straw. Drink it right away!