You are going to love this sangria recipe.
My brother and I decided to make this delicious drink together while we were at my grandparents house.
My grandparents live on a lake about an hour from my house. It is our get away spot, our vacation home. We love spending time with our grandparents and enjoying some summer activities and sun. And what better way to do that with a little sangria to sip on!
We are calling this “Jungle Juice” because it is literally a mix of a bunch of drinks. According to Urban Dictionary, jungle juice is a heavenly concoction of vodka, other alcohol beverages and juice.
“Known as ‘jungle juice’ because it sends the drinker into a state animal behaviour”.
Majority of this definition is correct, except we refrained from going into a state of animal behaviour. Our sangria is light and will keep you from getting to over the top.
There are many variations of sangria and jungle juice but this is the one we created.
One of my favourite parts of creating an amazing jungle juice sangria is the cute jugs/pitchers you can put it in to make it look pretty! I love the pretty juice jugs you can get these days to make you look so professional! Professional may not be the right word but – hey why not!
And also, you can not forget about the pretty wine glasses with the must have umbrella’s … okay I am taking this too far now. Just enjoy your sangria! P.s PRO TIP: get pretty plastic wine glasses to be safe.
Comment below your favourite sangria recipes!
Hope you have a great day and enjoy this sangria!
- 1 bottle pinot grigio
- 1 can of snapple vodka or somersby cider
- 2 cups (500ml) of fruit punch
- 2 cups (500ml) sparkling lemonade
- 1 cup (250ml) strawberry lemonade
- 1 cup (250ml) Club Soda
- 1 orange
- 1 lemon
- 1 lime
- 1 cup mixed berries
- Combined all liquid ingredients in a large jug/pitcher starting with the alcoholic beverages.
- Add fruit into the jug/pitcher.
- Allow it to sit for at least 30 minutes in a fridge
- Add ice and enjoy.
- This recipe is not restrictive to the ingredients listed. Experiment with different fruit and liquids!