When I was big into lifting weights, I would add protein to everything to ensure I was hitting my recommended intake for the day. I would put it in everything… even my morning coffee! Surprisingly enough I really enjoyed this. It made almost a latte with a foaming top. I tried it with many different flavours from plan vanilla to peanut butter cup flavoured protein powder. It is delicious. I don’t do it much anymore because it was hard to find an all natural protein powder that had strong enough delicious flavours to stand out in my coffee. I usually drink it before a morning run. If I need to go for a run early in the morning and I do not want a full stomach (i get bad pains if I do this), I will have a cup of coffee with some protein in it to give me a bit of energy and fuel for my run without causing me too much pain! I always eat a big breakfast after my run though.
The best part of this coffee is that it doesn’t need any milk, cream, sugar or sweetener. Its great on its own! If your feeling fancy you can always add a dash of cinnamon to the top of the foam.
Hope you have an amazing morning! Enjoy 🙂
- 2 cups freshly brewed coffee
- 1/2 scoop protein powder of choice
- Brew coffee.
- Dump protein powder into bottom of mug.
- While pouring coffee in slowly, lightly whisk with fork to help dissolve protein into coffee.
- If the protein is not dissolving, try putting it into a small blender (like a magic bullet) to help break up and dissolve protein powder. Every protein powder is different so I can't say it will turn out exactly like mine did!