Hi everyone! I have an awesome healthy energy ball for you today. It is a perfect morning snack to get your energy levels up and stomachs satisfied. This recipe combines creamy almond butter, rolled oats and ground flaxseed mixed with ground coffee beans which are then rolled into bite-size balls! Oh and the best part, drizzled with fresh chocolate! This recipe will kill your sweet tooth and your mid-day slumps.
If you don’t have almond butter your can sub in some peanut butter instead. Just make sure its natural and organic. Also if you do not have any ground coffee beans you can use ground expresso (you might just want to use half the amount in this case).
When your rolling these into balls and your finding they are a little too dry, add some more almond butter. Some almond butters have less oils/liquid in them which may cause alternate results when creating this recipe.
Once you have these balls all rolled up, time to drizzle some chocolate! This is my go to chocolate recipe (coconut oil and cocoa). Mix them up then drizzle them onto the balls or even take a fork and dunk the balls into the chocolate. Use less coconut oil (or more cocoa) if your finding it too runny.
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup ground flaxseed
- 1 tablespoons ground coffee
- 1/4 cup flaked unsweetened coconut
- 1/2 cup creamy almond butter
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup cocoa or cacao powder, sifted if necessary
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
- Stir together the oats, flaxseed, coconut and ground espresso in a medium bowl.
- Add almond butter, honey, and vanilla and mix well. Chill for 20 minutes. Roll into bite-sized balls.
- Melt coconut oil. Mix in cacao powder and maple syrup.
- Drizzle mixture onto coffee bean balls (or dunk balls into chocolate using a fork)