Hope you enjoy this recipe, and I promise the next one wont contain hot sauce, jalapeno or cayenne pepper!
- 2-3 medium zucchinis
- 1/4 cups of pecans
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 jalapeno pepper, stem and seeds removed
- 2 cups of fresh basil leaves
- 2/3 cups of olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste (optional)
- In a food processor (or strong blender), blend garlic, jalapeño pepper, basil, olive oil until smooth.
- Add in pecans and pulse. I love having chunky pecans in the sauce but you can blend until smooth if that is what you prefer!
- Prepare zucchini noodles by spiralizing the zucchini into a pan. Saute the noodles until soft and warm.
- Add in pesto sauce (the amount of sauce you like on your noodles, you can save the left overs for another day!), saute until everything is warm.
- Add salt and pepper.
- Store pesto in an air tight container or jar for up to a week in the fridge