These crunch bars… melt in my mouth… all day every day.
These recipes are my favourite. Any recipe under 5 ingredients just speaks to my soul. I’m not saying I’m lazy when it comes to baking, I just like quick and easy go to recipes when I’m in a pinch for time, or just don’t feel like making anything! I mean, don’t get me wrong, some days I like creating recipe master pieces that use several ingredients in my kitchen… but on a day to day basis.. aint no body got time for that.
These chocolate crunch bars are vegan and gluten free, which makes my stomach happy. Oh and did I mention they are actually delicious? In a way they remind me of my childhood. I am almost positive my grandma made bars just like these at Christmas time. Who doesn’t love a good chocolate bar at Christmas… or just every day!
Chocolate craving crunched with these bars!
These quick and easy snack bars (or dessert) are naturally gluten free, vegan, dairy free.
You even have the option to make them sugar free by removing the maple syrup!
Maple syrup, agave and dates are my go to items in my pantry to add sweetness to any of my homemade bars. I haven’t used regular white sugar in any baking or in my coffee in YEARS. I forget what that white powder tastes like and I am hoping to keep it that way forever.
Do not fret friends, your waiting is over, here is the recipe.
Enjoy these easy chocolate crunch bars!
- 3.5 cups crispy rice cereal (I use GF)
- 1 cup almond butter (I used crunchy)
- 1.5 cups dark chocolate
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- Line an 8x8 inch pan with parchment paper. Set aside,
- Melt the almond butter, chocolate chips, maple syrup (if using) and coconut oil in a small sauce pan until well combined.
- Put rice cereal into a large bowl and pour chocolatey mixture over top of rice. Fold in rice crisp cereal until well combined.
- Transfer mixture to the pan and refrigerate for one hour or until hard.
- Cut into squares and enjoy.