Top 10 House Exterior Trends; shutters, dark and white colors, lots of concrete, and more wood accents!
Hi beauties! Coming at you with some of the current house exterior trends. The exterior of your home is one of the first things that people notice when they visit. It's a chance to showcase your personal style and express yourself, whether it's with a Mediterranean-style front door or a modern entranceway with bright colors. I want your house to look modern and stylish, not outdated. With that in mind, I’ve identified some of the most exciting exterior trends that are happening right now.
They’re great for making your home look modern, but also timeless—meaning they won’t go out of style in a few years. And best of all? Some of these exterior design trends can be done cheaply without breaking the bank! So maybe it is time to give your house that facelift it needs!
A well-designed entryway can set the tone for the rest of your house, while exterior walkways and porches can provide added space and function without having to expand the footprint of your home. Decorating your house is a big decision, and the first step is finding the right style for your home. There are many different styles and features to consider when you’re choosing an exterior design for your home. Whether you want something traditional or modern, there are many options available that will suit your needs.
House Exterior Trends:
The exterior is the first thing a visitor sees when they approach your home. It can also be one of the most important. Your home's exterior is an extension of your personality, and it's always in the spotlight. You want to make sure that you're putting your best foot forward, so I've compiled some of the current exterior trends for this year! And they may surprise you...
The return of shutters
Shutters are a great way to add color and style to your house. They can be used on windows and doors, as well as other parts of the exterior like columns or fences. Shutters can be made from a variety of materials, including wood or metal. You could paint or stain them to get the look you want!
More wood home exteriors
Wood is a classic material for exteriors, but it has been experiencing a resurgence lately. The main reason for this is that wood can be made to look like almost any other material—from stone and brick to metal and even glass. It can also be stained or painted in any color imaginable.
Wood is a natural material that is durable, appealing and easy to work with. It's also a great insulator, so it will keep your home warm in cold weather and cool in hot weather. Plus, wood can be stained or painted to match your house exterior so it blends seamlessly into the landscape around it.
Bold and black exteriors
Black is a great color for the exterior of your house. It's classic, it's timeless, and it can be paired with anything. Black is also one of those colors that can be used as an accent to contrast with other colors or simply stand on its own in monochromatic harmony. If you're looking for something bolder than white but not quite as harsh as gray (which may require more maintenance over time), black might just be what you need!
All white exteriors
White exteriors are a great way to make your house look modern and stylish. White exteriors can be used with any style of architecture, so they're not just for modern homes. In fact, white houses have been around since ancient times and they aren't going anywhere any time soon!
This trend is perfect for any homeowner who loves the look of simplicity and wants to make their home stand out against the neighbors. This look can be achieved with a white or beige exterior finish.
If you're looking for an easy way to make your home look more modern just classic, painted brick is the way to go. It's inexpensive and easy to DIY the exterior of your house and make it stand out in the neighborhood. A white exterior gives your home an incredibly clean and put-together look which is why so many people are leaning into this trend.
New types of siding materials
Siding is one of the most important parts of your house. It's what protects your home and keeps it looking good, so it's worth taking a few minutes to learn about the various types of siding materials that are out there. Here are the top 10 siding material trends that you should consider using:
- Brick and stone veneer: This is an old favorite that's making a comeback thanks to its durability and timelessness.
- Siding made from recycled materials: This trend is all about sustainability and keeping things green!
- Fiber cement siding: This material is lightweight and easy to install, making it perfect for DIY projects at home!
- Wood siding with cedar shingles: Cedar shingles provide a natural texture that looks great on both modern and traditional homes alike.
- Metal siding with aluminum panels: Aluminum panels are lightweight but durable, so they're perfect for areas that get a lot of wind or need extra support like doors or windowsills where extra strength may be required!
- Vinyl siding in bold colors: You don't have to stick with bland white or brown anymore—these days, you can find vinyl siding in any color of the rainbow!
Colorful patios and decks
You don't have to spend a lot of time or money making your house stand out. You can just add some color on the patio and deck, which are great places to do it. It's easy, looks beautiful, and makes the space more inviting for guests.
You can paint or tile a colorful design onto your patio or deck flooring and walls -- or use other materials like wood planks or brick pavers that already come in bright hues like reds and blues. You could even try painting furniture like chairs in different shades of green if you're feeling bold! Or just throw in some colorful pillows or fabric!
New ways to create privacy on the exterior
Your home's exterior can be a great selling point, but it can also make or break how people feel about your space. If you're looking for ways to create privacy on your home's exterior, here are some top trends you need to see:
- Privacy fences or walls. Privacy walls are a great way to keep your backyard private from neighbors and passersby on the street. They can be made from a variety of materials, including wood, stone, or brick.
- Planting trees and shrubs. Privacy hedges, screens, and bushes. Trees with dense foliage that can provide shade from the sun, as well as a barrier from prying eyes
- Building a pergola with vines growing up it
- Add trellises. A classic way to add privacy while still allowing light in, trellises can be used as supports for vines or climbing roses—or simply as decoration.
- Create walls with stones or bricks. Adding these materials to your exterior can give it more texture and personality without adding too much bulk or weight that might make it difficult to maintain over time (especially if you live somewhere with harsh winters).
- Use shutters on windows that face away from neighbors' houses or cars parked nearby (like side windows in front rooms). Shutters are great for blocking out glare from streetlights or headlights from cars at night (and during daylight hours too if necessary), so they add privacy while still allowing sunlight in during daylight hours!
Poured concrete driveways and walkways
Poured concrete is a popular choice for driveways and walkways. It's durable, low-maintenance and can be stamped to resemble other materials like stone or wood. Concrete is also less expensive than many other options for outdoor applications.
Poured concrete can be stamped to add texture and coloration which helps make it more interesting than plain gray concrete that looks like it's been poured straight out of the bag into your driveway or sidewalk. The patterns created by stamping are visually appealing while still being simple enough that they don't distract from the overall look of your home exterior design scheme.
The rise of stamped concrete for steps and patios.
Stamped concrete is a great way to create a new look for your house. It's easy to install, maintain and repair, so you can be sure that it will last for years to come. Stamped concrete can be used in many different ways: as floors, walkways, or steps; as patios; even as an addition to your pool decking area!
These trends are great for making your house look modern and stylish.
These trends are great for making your house look modern and stylish. They help you stand out from the crowd, create a more welcoming and comfortable home for your family, or even help you be more energy efficient.
With all of these great exterior trends, it's easy to see why people are excited about what they can do with their houses. The best part is that you don't have to spend a lot of money or time on these projects--most of them just involve some paint or new materials like siding or decking boards! So if you're looking for something new in your home's exterior look, take some inspiration from the ideas we've shared here today.
Until next time,
More Exterior Posts:
- Top 15 House Exterior Trends for 2023
- 11 Best House Exterior Renovations By Joanna Gaines
- Top 10 Farmhouse Exteriors You NEED To See
- 11 Beautiful Modern Farmhouse Exteriors
- How To Improve Your Home's Curb Appeal With House Exterior Trends